South Carolina is a wonderful state to go to college in, but it is also a great state to retire in. Many areas of the state have a large senior population, creating a high demand for health care jobs here. The average employee in South Carolina earns $38,700 a year, but those in urban areas like Charleston often earn much more. Historically, South Carolina was the first state to declare independence during the American Revolution, and it was the first state to ratify the Articles of Confederation.
University of South Carolina Honors College
- About the School: The University of South Carolina is one of the largest universities in SC. The Honors College at this university features the best academic performers in the school. Students are put through difficult and rigorous courses in the honors program, and most of those courses have limited availability. Honors students are given a series of perks as a result of their hard work, including tuition scholarships, priority enrollment and premier housing opportunities.
- Laptop Programs: The laptop program at the USC Honors College provides a laptop for honors students via a scholarship. Students who qualify for the scholarship earn a laptop with a built-in webcam, and they also earn assistance with on-campus parking. The scholarship covers other costs for the school too, like tuition, fees, room, board, and more.
- Degrees and Programs Offered: African-American Studies, European Studies, Latin American Studies, Women's Studies, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Biology, Biomedical Sciences, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Exercise Physiology, Human Genetics, Marine Biology and Biological Oceanography, Accounting, Business Administration and Management, Managerial Economics, Finance, Hospitality Administration, Human Resources Management, Insurance, International Business, Marketing, Organizational Management, Office Management and Supervision, Real Estate, Retailing and Retail Operations, Tourism and Travel Services Management, Advertising, Broadcast Journalism, Digital Communication and Multimedia, Health Communication, Journalism, Mass Communication, Public Relations Management, Computer and Information Sciences, Computer and Information Systems Security, Information Science, Art Teacher Education, Business Teacher Education, College Student Counseling and Personnel Services, Counselor Education, Curriculum and Instruction, Early Childhood Education and Teaching, Education, Educational Evaluation and Research, Educational Leadership and Administration, Instructional Technology, Elementary Education and Teaching, Higher Education Administration, Middle School Education and Teaching, Music Teacher Education, Physical Education Teaching and Coaching, Reading Teacher Education, Secondary Education and Teaching, Social and Philosophical Foundations of Education, Special Education and Teaching, Aerospace, Space Engineering, Bioengineering and Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Software Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Engineering Science, Mechanical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, Industrial Management, Creative Writing, English Language and Literature, Classics and Classical Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics, Comparative Literature, Foreign Languages and Literatures, French Language and Literature, German Language and Literature, Italian Language and Literature, Linguistics, Russian Language and Literature, Spanish Language and Literature, Athletic Training, Audiology, Pharmaceutics and Drug Design, Pharmacy, Public Health, Nursing Administration, Registered Nursing, Criminal Justice, Library and Information Science, Applied Mathematics, Mathematics, Statistics, Gerontology, Museum Studies, Environmental Science, Philosophy, Religious Studies, Chemistry, Earth Science, Geophysics and Seismology, Physical Sciences, Physics, Clinical Psychology, Experimental Psychology, School Psychology, Public Administration, Social Work, Anthropology, Archeology, Criminology, Economics, Geography, International Relations and Affairs, Political Science and Government, Social Sciences, Sociology, Art History, Criticism and Conservation, Conducting, Dance, Drama, Video and Photographic Arts, Studio Arts, Music History, Music, Voice and Opera,
- Web Address: SCHC.SC.edu
- Awards and Accreditations: ACS, APA, NASDTEC, NCATE, NASP, NASPAA, NASTU, NASAD, AACSB, CACREP, ABET, ACPHA, ABA, AALS, ACEJMC, ALA, LCMEAMA, AAMC, NASM, CCNE, ACPE, ABESPA, CAPTE, CEPH, NCATE, NASDTEC, CSWE
Citadel Military College of South Carolina
- About the School: Citadel Military College is a school focused on providing education and leadership training at the same time. Cadets at the school are put on a strict 24-hour regimen that they must abide by. They learn skills needed in their careers, in the military, and in the real world. This discipline gives them the strength they need to find work after college.
- Laptop Programs: Citadel does not give away computers in its laptop program, but it does offer exclusive discounts on Dell computers. All students have access to free technical support while they are in school, and honors students get to borrow a laptop from the school for the duration of their degrees.
- Degrees and Programs Offered: Biological Sciences, Business Administration and Management, Computer and Information Sciences, Computer Science, School Counseling and Guidance Services, Educational Leadership and Administration, Middle School Education and Teaching, Mathematics Teacher Education, Physical Education Teaching and Coaching, Reading Teacher Education, Secondary Education, Civil Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Industrial Management, English Language and Literature, Foreign Languages and Literatures, History, Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement Administration, Mathematics, Kinesiology and Exercise Science, Sport and Fitness Management, Chemistry, Physics, Psychology, School Psychology, Political Science and Government, Social Sciences
- Web Address: Citadel.edu
- Awards and Accreditations: SACSCC, NCATE, CACREP, AACSB, EAC, ABET
- About the School: Independence University boasts one of the longest standing online education programs in the country, with over 37 years of distance education offerings. Independence University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools, a recognized accrediting agency by the U.S. Department of Education. As a non-profit university, Independence University is uniquely situated to provide their students with a great return on their education investment.
- Laptop Program: Students enrolled at Independence University qualify to receive both a tablet and a laptop. The tablet is shipped to the student upon enrollment and the laptop is shipped at the beginning of the student’s fourth module. All the software you need to complete your degree program is included. Students keep the laptop upon graduation. Tablets and Laptops are not issued to graduate or completion program students.
- Web Address: https://www.independence.edu/
- Programs Offered: Business Management & Accounting, Graphic Arts, Medical Specialties, Respiratory Therapy, Healthcare Administration, Information Systems, Master of Business Administration, Master of Business Administration with an Entrepreneurship emphasis, Master of Public Health, Nursing Administration, Nursing Education, Accounting, Accounting with a Forensic Accounting emphasis, Business Administration, Business Administration with a Human Resources emphasis, Business Administration with a New Media Marketing emphasis, Business Administration with a Technology emphasis, Business Administration with an Asset Management emphasis, Graphic Arts with an Information Design emphasis, Health Information Management, Health Services Management, Networking & Information Systems Security, Nursing (RN to BS Completion), Respiratory Care with a Respiratory Care Management concentration, Respiratory Care with an Advanced Clinical Practice concentration, Software & Mobile Applications Development, Web Design and Development
- Accreditation: ACCSC