Oklahoma is in the heart of the Great Plains, and it offers a variety of educational opportunities. The standard of living here is one of the lowest in the nation, yielding affordable housing, food, utilities, and more. The weather here is hot in the summer and mild in the winter, but tornado season brings out some of the most fascinating meteorological events known to man. That is why this state is home to many of the nation's leading storm chasers. The average employee in Oklahoma earns approximately $39,000 a year.
University of Oklahoma
- About the School: The University of Oklahoma is in Norman, Oklahoma. The school is just a short drive from the Oklahoma City metropolis, so many students live in nearby towns while they attend school. OU is known for its medical programs, but the school also has a thriving meteorology and geosciences department. The tuition here is affordable, and the student population is heavily diverse.
- Laptop Programs: The University of Oklahoma recommends that each student have a laptop or desktop computer to access certain exams and assignments through the school. OU does not give out laptops to incoming students, but they do have a laptop loaner program available through the OU Law Library. Students may check out a laptop to use on their own and return it within the checkout timeframe. Some restrictions to usage will apply.
- Degrees and Programs Offered: Accounting, Advertising, Aerospace Engineering, Anthropology, Arabic, Architectural Engineering, Architecture, Art, Art History, Astronomy, Astrophysics, Aviation, Biochemistry, Biology, Botany, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Chinese, Civil Engineering, Composition, Computer Engineering, Construction Science, Drama, Early Childhood Education, Economics, Elementary Education, Energy Management, Engineering Physics, English, Environmental Geology, Environmental Sustainability, Ethics and Religion, European Studies, Filmmaking, Finance, Foreign Language Education, French, Geography, Geology, Geophysics, German, Health and Exercise Science, History, Human Relations, Human Resources Management, Industrial Engineering, Instrumental Music Education, Interior Design, International Business, Italian, Journalism and Mass Communication, Language Arts Education, Linguistics, Management, Marketing, Mathematics, Mathematics Education, Mechanical Engineering, Meteorology, Microbiology, Modern Dance Performance, Music, Native American Studies, Paleontology, Percussion, Petroleum Geology, Philosophy, Physics, Piano, Political Science, Psychology, Public Relations, Religious Studies, Russian, Social Work, Sociology, Spanish, Special Education, Sports Management, Studio Arts, Supply Chain Management, Theatre, Vocal Music Education, Voice, Women's and Gender Studies
- Web Address: OU.edu
- Awards and Accreditations: HLC
- About the School: Independence University boasts one of the longest standing online education programs in the country, with over 37 years of distance education offerings. Independence University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools, a recognized accrediting agency by the U.S. Department of Education. As a non-profit university, Independence University is uniquely situated to provide their students with a great return on their education investment.
- Laptop Program: Students enrolled at Independence University qualify to receive both a tablet and a laptop. The tablet is shipped to the student upon enrollment and the laptop is shipped at the beginning of the student’s fourth module. All the software you need to complete your degree program is included. Students keep the laptop upon graduation. Tablets and Laptops are not issued to graduate or completion program students.
- Web Address: https://www.independence.edu/
- Programs Offered: Business Management & Accounting, Graphic Arts, Medical Specialties, Respiratory Therapy, Healthcare Administration, Information Systems, Master of Business Administration, Master of Business Administration with an Entrepreneurship emphasis, Master of Public Health, Nursing Administration, Nursing Education, Accounting, Accounting with a Forensic Accounting emphasis, Business Administration, Business Administration with a Human Resources emphasis, Business Administration with a New Media Marketing emphasis, Business Administration with a Technology emphasis, Business Administration with an Asset Management emphasis, Graphic Arts with an Information Design emphasis, Health Information Management, Health Services Management, Networking & Information Systems Security, Nursing (RN to BS Completion), Respiratory Care with a Respiratory Care Management concentration, Respiratory Care with an Advanced Clinical Practice concentration, Software & Mobile Applications Development, Web Design and Development
- Accreditation: ACCSC